Pianono Dessert recipe (Filipino jelly roll)...a nice filipino dessert recipe to try !
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup ground unsalted almonds
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 12-ounce can condensed milk
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar 3 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla confectioner’s sugar
1. Line a 10-by-15-inch jelly-roll pan with foil. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Melt butter and pour into foiled pan. Mix nuts and coconut flakes and sprinkle evenly in pan. Drizzle with condensed milk.
3. Sift together flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda and sugar.
4. Beat egg yolks in bowl until fluffy.
5. Blend sifted dry ingredients, water and vanilla and beat for another minute.
6. Beat egg whites separately until stiff and fold into mixture.
7. Pour into pan and bake for 20 minutes or until cake is done. Sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar. Transfer to a cookie sheet, roll in jelly-roll fashion and wrap with a towel to set until cool.
8. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with more confectioner’s sugar.
9. The Filipino dessert recipe is ready to serve....enjoy !